As a key member of the Commercial Lending team, you will be part of AgriBank’s mission to support the people who feed the world. The Associate Lending Officer will work on a team that manages and grows a portfolio of loans that meet profitability and credit quality targets, while maintaining a high level of credit administration. Other duties will include fostering relationships with lending partners, analyzing credit requests, monitoring a portfolio(s) for credit quality, writing annual industry risk assessments, participate in the prior approval process and will have the opportunity to work on projects, bank-wide initiatives, committees and process improvement efforts. Are you ready for a rewarding career where you can make an impact? Join us today!
• Bachelor’s Degree (finance, agricultural business, economics or accounting preferred)
• No related experience required
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent analytical skills in order to perform complex credit analysis and administration
• Skill in utilizing time in an efficient and effective manner
• Skill in planning and coordinating projects involving multiple stakeholders
• Skill in writing concise, logical, grammatically correct analytical reports to explain credit decisions and industry trends as it pertains to the job
• Ability to work on a team and independently
• Ability to understand complex loan structuring
• Ability to understand and apply risk management principles and policies
• Ability to negotiate agreements to achieve the best outcome for the organization
• Ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences
• Ability to manage and maintain several relationships with clients and stakeholders
• Knowledge of agricultural industry
• Knowledge of general accounting principles
• Some travel required (10-15%)
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications may apply for this position by clicking on the following link:
AgriBank is made up of 200 dedicated professionals leveraging our tremendous assets into supporting the people that feed the world. As a leader in the national Farm Credit System, we serve farmers and rural communities with innovative financial services and solutions that allow them to remain strong and stable.
AgriBank is located in downtown St. Paul, Minnesota. As part of our commitment to attract and retain the best talent, we offer competitive salary and benefits, including a generous 401(k) plan and time-off plans. We support our employees’ development by offering education assistance, conferences, seminars and other programs.
We offer a flexible and supportive environment that leads to healthy work/life balance. AgriBank and our employees care about the community--we offer employee matching to partner organizations and paid time off to spend volunteering at a nonprofit organization.
AgriBank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.